Megan's Hunting Season Recap

Yes, know this is a very late post but thought I needed to do a short recap of my first deer season (before jumping to turkey!).
 
First season was great--couldn't have asked for a better experience. All the learning and all of the "firsts" was more than I could have asked for; deer grunting or stomping their feet and watching their behavior during rut. Everything was flat-out cool and more fun that I would've imagined. Can't say it enough--I love bowhunting! 
 
Looking back, I fondly recall sitting in a tree stand with pouring down rain and later learning that Mary had returned to camp 30min earlier. Or, another event where I thanked the heavens above for my tree harness as the wind blew my tree from one side to the next. A joy came from seeing the large bucks on the deer cams. Yes, it was during the late evening/early morning hours but still...big bucks were out there! (posted pics of one of the big guys below)
 
Had a couple opportunities, but I didn't nabbed a deer. I'm content. Sure, a bit of disappointment but gives me something to look forward to next season. A BIG "first" I'm ready for!
 
-Megan
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment